Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Story Behind the Ride

Last Wednesday we were walking through Ljubljana and I saw a poster. It seemed to be advertising some kind of bike race, so of course I went inside the store to inquire. A race up Slovenia's highest mountain pass- I had to see this.

I asked Tone about it back at the house, and he immediatly called the organizer, essentially ordering him to find me a bike and get me in. 36 hours later we were on a bus to Kranjska Gora. I was especially motivated when I heard the Justin was a full 15 minutes faster than me up to Artist Point a few days earlier!

I got to ride up on an old Univega mountain bike- and I used all the gears! Still, I managed to beat a fair number of roadies to the top, and I kind of enjoyed the plushness on the cobblestones. The rest is in the pictures...

No comments: