Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Apfelstrudel for Dinner?

Ansuela is the mother in the family we are currently couchsurfing with. Yesterday she taught me how to make Apfelstrudel. I am amazed when tasty treats can be made without a recipe. She just threw together some flour, salt, oil, and water until it looked like a good dough. Meanwhile, I used the apple cutter/corer for the filling.

Step 1. Make the dough into a large rectangle.

Step 2. Spread out apples, sugar, raisins and some cream.

P1030001

Step 3. (The best part!) Using a tablecloth, roll up the strudel into a log.

P1030002

Step 4. Gently place it on the baking pan.

P1030003

Step 5. Bake until it looks good! (Sorry no photo, we ate it too fast!)

As the strudel was baking we asked if we could use the kitchen to make our dinner. Herbert (the father) looked at us quizzically and said, "This is our dinner." So, we had apfelstrudel with vanilla pudding for dinner. I could eat that every night!

We have learned 4 new games here that are very fun to play: Make n´ break, Ubango, Hive & Saboteur. We might make you play these with us when we return home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I play your crazy euro-games if you make that strudel!!

Isaac Hurst said...

I play your crazy euro-games if I can win. -Justin