Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Odds and Ends

Isaac is right, the z's and v's are switched on these keyboards, and though I've finally got the hang of it, sometimes I let loose a tzpo. Oh well. There are lots of other letters too, and Morgan and I are getting better at pronouncing them. For example, our current location, Bohinj Bistrica, is pronounced Boheen Beestreetsa, Not Bohinge Bistrika. The one thing I can't figure out is when to pronounce a v "vuh" and when to pronounce it "ooh," and whenever I ask, Slovenians look at me like I'm crazy. Usually it lands somewhere between those two sounds.

IMG_4531

c's and ć's make a "ts"
If a letter has a hat, like č, š or ž, just imagine there is an h after it.

Take a look at the event I rode in, Vršič na Jurič. "Vrishich na Yurich." Oh yeah, j's are like y's... most of the time.

Anyway, the original intent of this post was to make a few things clear, especially for the less internet saavy.

First, you can click on any photo in a blog post and it wil take you to our flickr account, where you can peruse, at your leisure, all of our photos. That's right folks, ALL of them! TRY IT NOW!!!

IMG_4611

Second, register to blogger so you can leave coments! It's nice to hear from those of you at home. It's easy. Do it.

1 comment:

Coryann said...

Miss you guys! Thanks for the language lesson . . . i'm still confused.