Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bohinj Stands Alone!

Day 23

Today we went on a walk and discovered a beautiful, hidden spot. I told Morgan it was on my "have to come back to someday" list. As we continued to talk, I realized it was the only place that had truly secured itself that spot.

IMG_4579

Everything about Bohinj, the lake, the mountains, the rivers and the people, make it amazing. That being said, the water takes the cake. The lake is crystal clear and teeming with fish. We walked around it on Monday and couldn't believe the beauty.

IMG_4570

Today, hiking up a gorge from Stara Fuzina towards Voje, the water was even more magnificent. I couldn't resist, but made a quick exit when my body was shocked by the glacial melt.

P1030287

Tomorrow we head to Croatia, but we both agree that returning to Slovenia someday is a must!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome photo of tommy jumping in! Good work, Morgan! What a beautiful place....no wonder you want to return. Thanks for scouting out these areas. I'm putting Slovenia on my must visit list!

Alex said...

Sign me up for the return trip to Slovenia!

Heart, AA

Unknown said...

Tommy--

Loving reading your accounts, and that's a totally beautiful spot. If you haven't been yet, when you come back check out the Sooke Potholes west of Victoria. Swimming holes are some of my favorite places, too, and Sooke is pretty awesome (if slightly more popular than your spot).

MK

Kathy and Eric said...

Tommy and Morgan,
Eric and I just returned from a 4 week trip in Europe; our last two weeks were spent in the Salzburg area and Prague. It's been fun to go back and read your blog entries and see your pictures...very entertaining!!! I admire the fact that you decided to take this time in your lives to travel...what wonderful memories you are creating together. We will follow your blog with great interest. After spending a month in Europe living out of a suitcase/backpack with few items, I admire the fact that you are spending over 6 months doing this. I kind of want to burn my clothes or at least not see them again for a while. Actually it's kind of refreshing to realize how little we need to get by with.
We were impressed with the transportation systems in Europe i.e. subways, tains, small cars etc. Americans could learn a lot from Europeans. On another note, we did meet a lady from Israel who is couch surfing as well - it seems like a very good idea in many ways, especially if you are willing to just go with the flow so to speak.
Much love to you both and happy traveling.
Love,
Kathy and Eric

Kathy and Eric said...

I forgot to also write that we heard great things about Croatia and Slovenia from the lady from Israel whom we met at a church service in Salzburg. She said that Slovenia was absolutely beautiful and a good price to boot. We definitely will add it to our list of places to visitin the future, especially now that we've seen some pictures and read your comments.
Katy