Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rubber Sandals

Yesterday I tried to plug our camera in to the computer at our guesthouse to upload more photos. As I was holding the camera, I felt an unpleasant sensation work it's way up my arm to the rest of body. Dropping the camera to the floor, I realized that I had been electrocuted! The USB port on the pc was not exactly legitimate technology.

The guesthouse owner, who is extremely kind, helpful and welcoming, ran to my aid. "It's ok, just wear the rubber sandals," he offered while pointing out the crocs next to the computer.

You can guess how I felt about that, so I tried another internet source, where it took about 10 minutes to upload one photo.

Internet cafe #3 got me electrocuted again, but I have finally found a good source at "Siem Reap Fast Internet," which also happens to be the name of the other cafes...

Anyway, I've uploaded pictures from Angor Wat for you to check out, and here are a couple more good ones from last week:

P1040793

I was amazed by the sheer number of local people who were involved with the tour in some way:

P1040794

Happy sailors:

P1040808

Riverside homes are built on stilts for the flood season:

P1040812

3 comments:

Bec said...

Ooo, very cute hat, Mo!

Alex said...

HA, I was totally going to post the exact same comment as Bec :)

That one looks perfect. We can go to Orcas to look again this summer though, just for fun...

Mark said...

Hey guys! I think I'm finally caught up...after realizing upon your surprise return that I had about 4 months of blogspot catching up to do ASAP :) I must admit that I have rarely enjoyed the internet as much as I have in reading about your adventures, and for what it's worth, the Vietnamese travel experiences had me laughing as much as I silently could here in the old bham libary... love, Big H.